First Federal Lincolnton
First Federal Savings Bank was formed in February of 1940 as Lincoln County Building and Loan Association; to serve Lincoln County's mortgage financing and depository needs. In 1947, the association changed its name to First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Lincolnton. The bank moved to its present location of 320 E. Main Street in Lincolnton in November of 1959, which at the time was the most modern and convenient facility in Lincoln County. Due to the bank's fiscally responsible management, it experienced steady growth and was able to withstand the decline of many S & L's in the early to mid 80's as interest rates climbed to historic levels.